Friday, June 22, 2012

Caramelised Pineapples for Fathers' Day


Fathers' Day just passed some time ago, so I decided to share what I did for my dad (besides uploading his embarrassing photos for his hundreds of FB friends to see).

My father loves pineapples, so I thought about baking him a pineapple upside-down cake, which he loves. However, as I watched YT videos on how to caramelise and bake pineapple whatnots, I realised that him being him, he'd prolly like the pineapple and caramel parts and not really appreciate the cake part. Hence, I decided to forget the cake, and just caramelise pineapples and stick it in a container for him.

By now, you should know that I don't really belong in the kitchen, and disaster seems to befall whenever I decide to try something new (I'm a one-trick pony who can only bake one good dish- Apple Crumble).



I began with a pot of brown sugar (faster to caramelise than caster sugar) and diced/sliced pineapples. Added some water until the liquid in the pot was brown and bubbling, then threw in the pineapples.


To be honest, there's no recipe, and my mother was rather horrified, and my father rightfully wary about eating it initially. I just boiled the concoction until the pineapples were browner than they were originally, and were soft.

The finished product in a tumbler.

It actually ended up tasting like normal pineapple, just a little sweeter. Sadly, there was no distinct caramel taste. But in the end, it's the thought that counts, right?

♡サニー☆

No comments:

Post a Comment