Tuesday, June 19, 2012

In other news...


This post was actually a part of the previous one (about nails), but the section about nails was rather long, and so was this part, so I decided to split it into two parts!

So, in other news, I've found another part-time job- tutoring. At the moment I only have one tutee, in Sec 3 EMath. I love Math so this will be fun and easy, but sadly I'm only getting paid half of what I could get if I was tutoring JC GP. :( Anyone looking for tuition? I'm free until mid-August and got As for both GP and Math. ^o^ SMS me if you know my number, email me if you don't. ;D

Edit: At the time I wrote this draft, I hadn't started the tutoring job. However, the day before my first tuition session, I got a phone call and was informed that I'd lost my job. (/TДT)/

It's the same reason as the last tutoring job I lost- I'm leaving in August while exams are around October, so they don't want someone who won't be around during the most critical time. I think I've set a new record for how quickly I can lose a job. With this, I'll break my streak of having an income every month. I initially thought that said streak would be broken last month, but I unexpectedly got an ad-hoc events job, so I had an income last month. And with this tutoring job I imagined I would be financially independent until I left, but now... ;_; Tragedy of my life.



I also recently reorganised and cleaned up my pseudo-dresser (I say pseudo because it's not a real dresser- just an area I put all my face and hair-related stuff on, as well as a large mirror). Above is what my makeup area used to look like at all times (not exact, because this picture was from some months back- recently it was worse), and below is what I neatened it up to be!


It's a lot less cluttered now, and I can actually see the surfaces of each step of the shelf. I kept away all the makeup that I don't use on a daily basis and only left out my usual products. I also threw away a whole basket of lip products (including Chanel, MAC and Benefit ;_;) that I didn't use anymore.

Right behind on the top shelf lies a little drawer of new/unused makeup brushes, eyelashes, and other new spares I have of my regular products. On top of it (the long red box) is my eyelash cash, and above it my Urban Decay NAKED palette. In front of that is a sectioned tray with all my regular lip products in the left section and all my mascara and face products in the right section. To the right of the tray are loose powders in two shades that I mix to get a better colour match, my everyday blush, and a daytime moisturiser all stacked up. In front of that is a mini cup housing all my eyeliner pencils (used till they're short enough for that small cup) and my mini UDPP. My contact lens case is also in that area. My miscellaneous everyday accessories like my favourite rings and bobby pins are all in a flat tray with my eyelash curler and spectacle dustcloth on top of it.

On the second step is a 3-way mirror and a small pink drawer set with some of my hair clips, necklaces and earrings in it. Besides those two items, I also keep some hair products, perfume, contact lens solution, makeup remover and some skin products there.

The third step, not in the photo, is my all-other-rubbish step where I keep my ASOS receipts (there's a thick stack of those, hehe) and cute paperbags/product packaging etc.

The drawers under the steps are totally haphazard and I make it a point to never open them so as to avoid unleashing a cloud of fungus from any given drawer (except for the yellow and white drawers, which house my remaining makeup+accessories and sticker collection respectively).



In other other news, I finally bought the iPad cover I've been thinking about since last year. I saw it sometime mid-late last year and called my dad to ask if I should get it for my not-yet-mine-iPad then. Of course I didn't, and just kept thinking about it until my father finally handed down his iPad 2 when he got his iPad 3.

At that time, I wanted to get the cover immediately, but the high price deterred me for months. As I continued my search for a cheaper alternative, nothing came close and everything was just ugly or not good enough, and this one cover remained in my mind as the ideal, perfect cover to strive towards.

One day, as I was going to do my routine ogle at the cover as with every time I'm in its vicinity, I noticed that it was gone!!! I thought it was sold out as I scoured the store for it to no avail. I went back sadly and resigned to the fact that it was not meant to be mine, and got ready to get some lousy alternative.

Fortunately, when I next went to that store, I found it again!!! Still as pricey, but at least not sold out. Reflecting on my immense regret for not getting it when I'd thought it was sold out, I realised that I truly wanted it and decided to get it the next time I went there, and I did.

It was truly a big blow on my wallet, but I'm glad I invested in it and will use it foreverrrr (on until it rots and I find something better once over a year has passed and I've used it for its high value).



And finally, the last topic of news. Just something trivial- I cooked rice the other day and this is what became of it. Which would be why I don't belong in the kitchen.


That's all for now, then. I can't believe how active my blog is now, despite me claiming I wouldn't update if it wasn't university-related. Speaking of university, it's now D-MINUS 66!!

Well then, until the next time I blog~

♡サニー☆

No comments:

Post a Comment