Friday, September 14, 2012

Dorm initiation week/performance

I believe I mentioned something about this in brief before, but decided to dedicate an entire post to the nightmare this was.

Basically, all new dormitory students are supposed to come up with a theme for their respective dorms and wear a costume according to that theme for an entire school week (5 days), complete with a dance performance on bakayama at the end of the week.

3WD had 7 newbies, so they decided it'd be a great idea to do something 7- like the bloody seven dwarfs (with an f because Disney is American). We were actually between Disney Princesses and Seven Dwarfs, and I liked neither- but the former was the better of the two. And how could Murphy be Murphy if he didn't give me the exact opposite of what I want? I don't even know the names of any of the dwarves.

I eventually got over it and got to be the only beardless dwarf because I refused to put something unsanitary on my face for 5 days to absorb all the sweat, oil and bacteria off my face and break me out. Incidentally, other dorms got to be normal things like movie heroes/villains, Gangnam Style, Disney characters etc., and some less normal...

 Me as a bloody dwarf with my dormmate and another girl from Canada House (the male dorm)

I had to stay up late to sew the hat, and wash it because I didn't wanna put something dirty on my head... I might have a cleanliness OCD.

I don't have as many pictures as I thought I would've (above photo was stolen from the dormmate pictured) because 1. I didn't really wanna be seen online in that getup and 2. it's troublesome carrying a camera around/my phone camera sucks.

Taken by Shuang!

Moving on, 3WD's 3 songs for the dance were 1. Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen), 2. Like This (Wonder Girls) and 3. Memeshikute (I don't even know). I was in charge of learning/re-choreographing the Like This dance and teaching it to the other 6. Let's just say I don't have a future in teaching anything.

Anyway, enough talking and here's the dance. Turn your volume up please~


I also have videos of all the other dorms (only uploaded the appropriate ones...) so you can just go to my channel to see them~ Maybe I'll dedicate another post to all the other performances, but the star of this post is 3WD so I'll end here.

♡サニー☆

2 comments:

  1. The video is priceless :D dont ask how i found your blog Bethany :D

    ReplyDelete